Society & Culture
Man dies from electric shock on fishing trip
The 34-year-old Bangladeshi died immediately.
A migrant worker died Monday from electric shock while on a fishing trip.
The 34-year old Bangladeshi had been holding a light while fishermen caught bait near Gemanafushi, Gaafu Alif Atoll.
He died immediately. The incident was reported to the police around 6am.
Work is under way to transfer the man’s body to the capital.
A local man who tried to help him also suffered from electric shocks but was not seriously injured, local media reported.
Feature & Comment3 years ago
Maldives Independent suspends operations
Health3 years ago
Iyaz on Female Circumcision
Business & Tourism3 years ago
EPA rejects Maafaru runway expansion project
Environment3 years ago
Infrastructure development pushing islands to ‘tipping point’
Society & Culture3 years ago